Giovanni

Giovanni

Friday, October 26, 2012

Dis-assembly Continues


Every Friday has become "Fiat Friday" lately.  I have Fridays off from work, so its a good time to work on the car.  I spent much of today reorganizing the garage.  After a large garage sale last September, I still can't figure out how we have so much stuff?!  

I was able to setup an 8ft table along the far wall of the garage.  This will be one of my work areas.  I also plan to setup some shelves to store and catalog all  the parts I am taking off of the car.  

After a few hours of reorganizing and cleaning, I finally got to work on the car.  Today I continued to pull out all the liners, rubber mat lining and other debris inside the car. 


This is a tow bar that Jack, the previous owner, built for the Fiat.  I'm not sure what I will do with it.  If I need to move the car, I have a cargo trailer in which it will fit nicely.  


After cleaning out more of the interior, I decided to take off the canvas top.  Yes, Giovanni has a soft top sunroof!  I needed to take this off so I have more access to the interior, and so that I can keep it in good shape.  



Here is the canvas top folded partway back.  There is a leather strap at the back that is used to tie down the top when driving.  You can see Katrina's Metropolitan Scooter in the background.  We are thinking of a red and white, or an orange and black paint/interior scheme for Giovanni.  

I still need to pull the engine, but am waiting for a few essential tools.  In the meantime, I will continue to strip the car down to its shell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment